4.27.2009

Freck...the Actress?



Never.

So last Saturday evening, TBF got an email that asked if he could be an extra in a short film... they also needed another girl extra, so I was their girl. Why not? I enjoy new experiences...plus I though it'd be fun to do some acting together..but I really didn't think I was going to do anything but stand in the background of a scene.

Well, turns out, we had lines.

I was scared, nervous, excited, nervous, scared and excited.

So, I knew what I had to say and what I had to do, and I had TWO AND A HALF hours of downtime (they were running pretty far behind schedule) ...we got so bored that we played Old Maid for awhile



It should have also given me ample time to think about what I had to do. 

So..I was super prepared, right?

Well, yeah, until they yelled "ACTION

...then I'd blank out for a few seconds...then I'd remember what I had to say at the last minute...and it'd turn out okay. We did the scene about 6 or 7 times using different angles so that it looked good, and although I was relaxed by the last scene, it was still difficult to concentrate while moving, listening to other peoples lines, then having to remember what to say and where to look each time. 

Acting sounds glamorous.

It's hard!

I don't think Freck will ever be an actress.

List of things Freck can do:
Be an actress
Cake decorator
Blogger for life...

I'm counting on the third one... :)

4 comments:

Pink Flamingo said...

Freck, that is so exciting...and FUN! You probably just had a little bit of stage fright...give it another try. I know you will be great at it. Hang in there! :)

jenn said...

haha that is too funny :)

CTB said...

That is awesome!! You celebrity!

Jennifer said...

Good to know that all of this acting isn't going to steal you away from us!