5.07.2009

Tagged + Free Time

This past week has been pretty much full of just finding things to keep me busy. Finals ended last week and graduation is this Saturday, so this entire week was free to do whatever I pleased...which sounds awesome, right? Well..yeah..it is, but at the same time I'm kind of bored ...I haven't been as productive as I was when school was rockin' and rollin. It's so much more fun to get on Facebook when it's used more as a break... 

Tomorrow the graduation festivities begin. Freck's rent's and brother Frecks come into the city tomorrow where we'll be dining at a restaurant where my father ALWAYS has to go EVERY time he comes to Chicago.


I know...you're saying  "Freck, enjoy your steak and don't complain", but I've eaten there probably 50 times. No joke. Daddy Freck is uncomfortable with trying new things...that's okay. I love him no less. 




Graduation is at 10 am on Saturday (eeeeek!!!?!?!!!!) then we're going to our favorite place in Wrigleyville to have lunch with TR's families and mine. Should be really fun and interesting to see them all interact...


...so onto more fun things :) 


Isn't this dress pretty? I got it from Nordstrom awhile ago and it did not fit me well at all, but I still really really adore it. I'm attached and I never even wore it out...

Dress for Graduation:




I've worn this dress a couple times already but I don't really care because I love it. I even emailed someone at J.Crew and requested the same silk sash but in black to mix it up a bit. They were extremely helpful but in the end it wouldn't have worked out unless I paid them some cash moolah and provided fabric...sounds more difficult than it needs to be...I was just thinking they could take the sash off the black dress and I could buy that. No, not possible. My search for a black silk sash is on. 

Sorry this post is kind of a long one...

I've also been tagged to play a little game!

Katie at A Thrifty Girls Guide To The Kitchen tagged me in the list for today with these rules:


1. Mention the person who nominated you (above).
2. List six
unimportant things that make you happy
3. Tag six blogs, state the rules & notify them with a teeny comment on their blog.

So here it goes!

(1) my DD hazelnut coffee 
(2) traveling (well, not the actual time that I travel, but when I'm at my destination)
(3) putting on a new dress (I do love dresses, it's just something about them that makes you feel so girly and confident)
(4) when the L is pulling up right as I get onto the platform (hey, don't hate...this is a huge deal if it's cold or you're running late...I once referred to it as a
Booyah Moment)
(5) painting (I haven't done it as much as I'd like lately, but it's so relaxing)
(6)
I can't believe I'm putting this but exercise (it's a HUGE stress reliever, as I've learned very well lately. You think the thought of going is the most ridiculous thing in the world, but the way you feel after is absolutely worth it.)


I'm tagging:

Enjoy! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

jenn said...

congrats again on graduation and thanks for the tag - i'll post it soon, i've been so behind on my tagged posts i'm supposed to do!! :)

Jennifer said...

The purple dress is gorgeous! Have you tried seeing if a tailor could make it fit you better?

ps - Thanks for the tag!

Katy said...

I know you already graduated, but if you are still looking for a black sash- try a bridal shop. I know David's Bridal sells sashes by themselves.