1.12.2009

New Year, New Places

I'd like to travel more in 2009. I only have one life and only so much time, right? Oh, and doggonit soon I will be having to strap on my big girl pants and I won't get the opportunity to travel as much as I'd like. So, the sooner I plan and save, the sooner I can say bon voyage to this FREEZING city and be off to a lovely get away.


The first place I'd like to visit, as many close friends of mine know, is Ireland. I almost studied abroad there, but my parents advised against it since the class was covering economics and I'm a marketing major. So? Oh well, not many people can say they've been to Beijing, and I had a blast. Anyway, I have some ancestors in Ireland, including a long lost relative who was a priest. I'd love to see the area where he grew up and learn more about my family's history.



Another place I'd like to revisit soon, is SanDestin, Florida. I call it old people's Disney World because it's so relaxing and fun. Your day could potentially consist of going to the beach, renting some bikes and riding them around the resort area/beaches, going to a seafood restaurant on the beach, going to "The Village" where you can browse some cute boutiques with monogrammed items (MY FAVORITE!), getting a cozy buzz at Hammerheads, going for a run/walk and admire all the cute cottages, playing tennis, and the list goes on. It's a beautiful area located on the pan handle of Florida.



This may be a stretch for 2009, but I’d absolutely love to visit Italy. I’m one of the few people I know who haven’t been, and it’s about time I visit! The pictures I’ve seen are beautiful, and I’d love to specifically see some of the art and architecture as well as the clothes. Some friends who have studied abroad in Rome have brought back some pretty fantastic leather boots…I may have to invest in some as well when I’m go…


No comments: