1.22.2009

Some more favorites!

I have stumbled across some new favorites, and although I don't own one of them yet, I plan to do so soon.

I saw this kind of hat a couple days ago in the RedEye and I fell in love with it. I've seen them before, but I didn't know what they were called so it was difficult for me to find it online. It's called a cloche hat, and I think they are absolutely adorable. It's a fitted, bell-shaped hat that was popular during the 1920s They're quite classic looking so they I don't foresee them "going out of style" anytime soon, and plus they're structured so I can't imagine they would mess up the "do" so I'm pretty sure I'll invest in one. There are some classic looking hats, and some pretty ridiculous looking ones. I thought I'd share what I found on my hunt for the cutest cloche hat : )

The more I look at this one the more it grows on me. I like how there is unique detail to it, but it's not anything crazy nor is it a different color which could make it difficult to put with an outfit.

Here is a classic looking camel-colored cloche hat with minimal "decor" on it, which would make it easy to pair with different outfits.


Here we have Ms. Angelina sporting the cloche hat in the movie Changeling.

I keep going back and forth on this particular cloche because of the bow/ribbon combo. However I feel that with the right outfit, it could be absolutely adorable.

My hunt for the perfect and reasonably priced cloche hat has begun. Hopefully I find one before the weather in Chicago becomes too warm for it.


+++

So I just received my first Longchamp tote in the mail yesterday, and I LOVE IT. I've seen this bag all over the place for about a year now, and I couldn't understand what all the hype was about other than it was a really cute bag. Well, I'm happy to say, that the size I got, which I believe is the largest one you can get with the longest handle (which is perfect for toting your books and laptop) is PERFECT. When I transferred the items I'd had in my old tote into my new Longchamp yesterday, I was thrilled to see that I can fit SO much more! I'm going to have to watch myself though, I don't want to have bruised shoulders and develop a crooked back just because I can bring my entire entertainment system with me everywhere. Anywho, here's my beautiful, red Le Pliage Longchamp tote. I hope you've enjoyed my recent favorites, more to come soon!

No comments: