1.24.2009

What's on the tube?

I have a few favorite TV shows that I feel I must share with you. I can tell I'm getting older because I'm not obsessed with shows on MTV anymore, haha. Anyway, here's my list of favorite shows.

The Biggest Loser. If you watch this show, you'll know what I'm talking about with what I have to say. JOELLE, GET THE EFF OFF THIS SHOW. Okay anyway, if you don't watch this show, you should. The Biggest Loser is so inspiring with the amount of weight these people lose per week (yes, they do workout 6 - 7 hours a day, but still). Plus, I love Bob and Jillian (the contestant's super toned trainers).

Here's Joelle at her best.




Paula's Party. Paula Dean has a fairly new show which is always fun and everything she makes is delicious looking (Hello!?! She always uses a stick of butter..). I love watching her flirt with the younger men in the audience and she's sometimes shockingly in appropriate which is hilarious. She's the southern grandma/aunt I never had. 




Platinum Weddings. I discovered this show awhile ago, and no, I'm not planning a wedding anytime soon, but it's so fun to see these people with massive amounts of disposable income plan these luxurious weddings. It's like My Super Sweet 16 on steroids, and with weddings rather than birthdays. This may be the only place you can see a Cinderella wedding cake valued at $4,000. Oh, and another difference between My Super Sweet 16 and Platinum Weddings is how the (in the Platinum Weddings episodes that I've seen atleast,) couples aren't super annoyingly spoiled and bratty like the kids from My Super Sweet 16





The Today Show. Okay I know this sounds lame, but my ideal morning would consist of waking up, making my hazelnut coffee, sitting down on the couch with my computer and cereal and watching The Today Show. I love seeing what Meredith and Ann are wearing, I love Matt Lauer no matter what he's wearing or saying and Al's just goofy.


Matt Lauer interviewing Christian Bale. Bad quality, but I heart CB.



So I know this doesn't highlight how much I love the cast of the Today Show, but I love Feist, so this is kind of a twofer :)



Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth on the Today Show. I love Wicked, couldn't help myself.



Ellen. I LOVE Ellen. Simply put. Her show is nothing but funny, I don't think I've ever been anything but happier than after I watch her show.

I think this is my favorite clip out of all of the ones listed. Paris Hilton and Ellen.



So this was quite recent. George Clooney had never been on Ellen's show, and on many episodes of hers, she was seen bribing him somehow so he'd come on her show. This is George Clooney FINALLY getting on her show, but first she conned him into coming on with two of his favorite baseball players.





Ace of Cakes. They make awesome cakes, and they're all usually for cool causes. The host is hilarious, and all of the people that work there have a funny sense of humor and are very talented. They can make anything that you ask them to.




Chuck. It's a fairly new show. It's basically about an average nerd who has been recruited into the secret service because he has the world's greatest spy secrets embedded into his brain. Hilarious, witty and adorable.





Unwrapped. I love this show, I'm not fond of Marc Summers, but to see how so many different foods are made is really cool and interesting to me. Every factory is different and I love how each company has their secrets of how they make their food. 





I'm sure I have more favorites, but these are all I can think of right now :)

No comments: