8.05.2010

Brings Tears To My Eyes

This song brings tears to my eyes. Why? Because of this lyric:

Oh let's get rich and buy our parents homes in the South of France. Let's get rich and give everybody nice sweaters and teach them how to dance.


You and I - Ingrid Michaelson

Push play, silly!

As soon as I hear the lyric about giving something so meaningful to parents, I get choked up.

I didn't get really close to my parents and appreciate everything they've down for me throughout my life until about 6 years ago. In fact, we didn't start saying "love you" before getting off the phone until I went to college, when I heard my new friends saying it. My mom says
"love you" naturally now, and it's awesome.

So the idea of "giving back" to them, even in this extremely ridiculous lyric, brings tears to my eyes.

Happy Thursday friends, Love you.


2 comments:

EmilyB said...

That song is so sweet!! I have a couple of her songs on itunes...I like her stuff.

Gwen said...

So sweet. I'm glad you are close with your parents now. XOXO