10.20.2009

Freck Appetit I

Today is going to be insanely busy at work, so I'm going to go ahead and post what was supposed to be my first Saturday Freck Appetit! I'm hoping this post will occur every weekend at some point and it will be my chance to share a recipe/meal/cocktail of choice with you that I've reviewed!

Today's recipe? Let's start simple.

Pan seared lemon salmon.

This is a great go-to that TBF and I have mastered.

  • Purchase two fresh salmon filet's from the grocery store, FRESH. None of this prepackaged business in this recipe.
  • Do the prep - de-skin (if they haven't been already) and wash gently
  • Marinade the salmon in the lemon marinade (TBF and I like Lawry's lemon pepper) for atleast 15 minutes.
  • Throw the salmon (ugly side up) on a medium/high heat pan that's been drizzled with olive oil
  • Cook 3 minutes, turn (now it's pretty side up!) and cook for another 3 minutes.

* DONE! *

Serve with some steamed veggies or our favorite - asparagus wrapped in prosciutto with feta and drizzled with olive oil. SO good.


I hope you enjoyed the first of (hopefully) many of these!

Freck Appetit!


8 comments:

jenn said...

if i liked seafood - i would totally eat this! :)

Kim said...

that sounds really super yummy. Typically I'm not a huge salmon fan, but I may have to give this a try!!

Wearing Mascara said...

Oooo this looks so good! I may try it with tilapia though bc I'm not a fan of salmon. xoxo

Tommy said...

Oooo. Awesome. Keep them coming, please!! I hope work is ok.

Vijay Eswaran said...

Wow..I will give this a try..
Yummilicious..:)

CTB said...

My mouth is watering! Thank you for this. I like it because it is gourmet, yet actually seems like a realistic dish to prepare. We always grill salmon, so I'm excited to have a way that I can prepare it inside.

Unknown said...

Serve with some steamed veggies or our favorite - asparagus wrapped in prosciutto with feta and drizzled with olive oil. SO good.

Unknown said...

Yum yum yum - I love salmon with lemon! I've never tried Lawry's lemon pepper - I'll have to look for that next time I'm in the mood for salmon!