12.15.2009

Sing Off

First of all, thank you all for your kind comments on my last post. Yesterday's post was kind of a downer, so I'll do my best to keep them all uppety! Tis the season people!!


Alright, who tuned in for Sing Off?? Thoughts?

I was a little disappointed. Not gonna lie.

I thought the beginning was going to be a bit more explosive and fun, they didn't do it for me. In case you missed the opening performance, here it is:



The main reason I tuned in was because I saw a group (Nota) in the commercial singing the lyrics "down, down, down, down." I was pumped for it!! I'm serious, every time I saw this commercial I'd start groovin' in my seat because of the way this guy sang the song...buuut they didn't sing it until the very end and they don't actually perform the entire song until tonight.


Instead, Nota performed I'm Yours by Jason Mraz, which was pretty good!



I'm rooting for them, can you tell? They sucked me in as soon as I saw them in the preview commercials.


Oh! Last but not least, did anyone notice how amazing Ben Folds' critiques were? He's incredible. This guy knows the definition of constructive criticism. Nicole from The Pussycat Dolls on the other hand is friggen clueless. Sister seemed like she was on something while she was critiquing people. Anyone else feel this way?

Who are you rooting for? Anyone tuning in tonight?

Happy Tuesday!


9 comments:

Kim said...

I didn't watch the whole episode, but I agree that Ben Folds is a GREAT judge and actually had constructive things to say to each group!!

Hope you are having a fabulous Tuesday!!!

jenn said...

ben folds is the best. rob & i were saying that he should be a judge on all music shows - he actually makes sense!

also - i think nota singing "down" is from the jay sean & lil wayne song, "down", isnt it? i'm not sure what "the great escape" is?

Sassy Engineer said...

My hubby and I watched it, and we LOVED it! I grew up in a Church of Christ where you only sing acapella music so I just have a huge affinity for it. I thought it was pretty good, and I can't wait to see what the groups do next. I like Nota but I also really love the Beezlebubs (sp?). I think they are great entertainers!

My hubby is very musical and has a very good ear so it is always interesting to watch with him. I was in choir and played piano, but my ear is nothing like his so sometimes I think he is being too harsh. Anywho, I think the two groups that left last night were the right choices.

I also completely agree about Ben Folds. My hubby and I like his music a lot, and he was spot on with his critiques. We would say exactly what he said during the performances to each other. Nicole is kind of a ding dong a little - I'll say not as bad as Paula, but some of her comments were a little dumb.

I'm so glad you posted about this! I hope it is explosive tonight :)

CTB said...

I agree! Ben Folds is brilliant!

Julia said...

i love your moto! i need to apply it to my wedding planning!...if your not having fun your not doing it right.

Lindsey said...

I agree!!! Ben Folds was right on and I enjoyed his critiques. And I love Nota!

Tommy said...

Whoa! He definitely has specs appeal, annnnd I ran into him once at Whole Foods in Nashville. It was awesome! (I was too chicken to speak, but we sort of favor, so it was like looking into a mirror for a split second.)

I did not watch this show, but now I'm very tempted.

kadler said...

So weird - I'm watching the show right now! And I'd never even heard of it until my mom mentioned it. Very cute.

Caroline said...

I was not impressed the first night, but I loved tonight's episode! I think as they narrow the field the show is going to improve because they music is all so solid :)

I am rooting for the group from Tufts-I sang a cappella in college and have always been on the search for amazing groups, so I had heard the Beelzebubs before. I love their style and how they have so much fun and aren't afraid to make fools of themselves.

I also totally agree about Ben Folds and that Nicole woman! Ben knows exactly what he is talking about, and he always seems to say the things that I was thinking as I listen to the performance, though much more eloquently. Nicole, on the other hand, I doubt knows anything about a cappella music, and she is pretty much the Paula Abdul of this show.