3.04.2010

I get by with a little help from my blog-friends..

So I'd love your input!

I've been helping plan my sister-in-law's baby shower (eeeeek, so excited for them and to be an aunt again!!), which is in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if you have any tips or items that you've enjoyed at past showers you've attended and/or activities or things you didn't enjoy.


I'm in charge of decor and I've pretty much got that covered, but I'd love any fun ideas that you have in that department, too! For example, someone made a bouquet of onesies, which sounds really cool, usable and can double as decor!

Are there any blogs out there that would be great inspiration for baby shower decor, food, etc.? So far, Amy Atlas' Sweet Designs has given me a lot of inspiration for a fun tablescape.

She's super talented and she hosts some extremely talented ladies on her blog.
This table is created by this gal.

It's a couples shower in the evening, something I think my sister-in-law requested, which rocks because I love the fact that A. my brother will be in attendance (who's basically the male version of me) and B. just having the fellas around will automatically make it less girly and frou frou, know what I'm sayin'?

More chill, less games. You get the idea.


Thanks in advance for your advice!


Happy Thursday!


4 comments:

Jenn said...

didn't i post before that i liked the umbrella-themed shower? now i can't remember if it was your blog or not. let me know if you want more information! :)

Shaina said...

I threw a baby shower for my close friend in November and had so much fun. It was a very small, relaxed shower at a bistro - no games! One thing I loved was the cookie favors I got from Etsy from the shop Sugar and Flour: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41794850 They were adorable and not super pricey, and they came looking just PERFECT. And this isn't about food OR decor, but the other thing I really loved was that all the guests brought an unwrapped baby/childrens book to help start my friend's baby's library. We brought a pretty basket and tied a ribbon around a handle and everyone stuck their books in there and it looked so pretty!

her said...

i just saw this and bookmarked it because it's such a neat idea - it's at I Heart You: http://www.iheartyoublog.com/2009/04/awesomest-baby-shower-activity-ever.html

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.